We offer tips and tools to start and build a home-based direct sales, party plan business, with a focus on Internet marketing and resources.
Welcome. I’m glad you’re here!
The Business Opportunity Connection continually evolves, but since its launch in mid-February, 2005, our primary goal has remained the same: to provide news and information about home based business opportunities and tips on generating leads for your direct sales team.
There are several ways you can read and receive our blog posts:
- Subscribe via RSS to add us to your favorite reader.
- Sign up to receive posts by email.
- Use your browser’s bookmark or favorites tool and check back every few days for new posts.
This is generally what you’ll find here:
- If you are just starting out and looking for the right company to join, start with the Business Ideas section for help with identifying and narrowing down your choices.
- Company News will help keep you in the know about what’s happening with some of the major players and even some of the lesser known companies.
- For help with recruiting and motivating consultants in your downline, take a look at the Team Building category, which includes topics such as “helping team members succeed” and “balancing sales and sponsoring.”
- The Marketing category includes topics like, “The Differences Between Marketing and Selling,” “soft marketing,” and “viral marketing.”
- In Writing and Content you’ll tips on writing your own website content and resources for content written by others.
- The General category is basically the miscellaneous section and it includes a wide variety of topics including goal setting and staying motivated, writing website copy, customer service, stopping spam, and much more.
We strive to provide the information and resources you need and to that end we welcome your comments and suggestions. Feel free to leave a comment on any of the blog posts or contact us with suggestions. Click here for our blog post comment policy.
Here’s to great teams!
Editor and Owner
Yes, I earn money from this blog. Please understand that in many cases, links from this blog are either links to other sites and resources I own, or are affiliate links. What that means is that if you make a purchase at any of those sites, I will be compensated in some way. For affiliate links I earn a percentage of the price of the purchased item. What it doesn’t mean is that I blog about things simply to make money. I very carefully select the affiliate products I recommend and nearly all of them are products or services I have used myself, or were developed by someone whose other products I’ve used, or were recommended to me by a very trusted source. If I’m not personally convinced that it’s a high quality product or service, I won’t recommend it with or without an affiliate link. We appreciate feedback on any of the products or service you purchase so that we can update information with users’ experiences as well as our own.
Exceptions (there always are, aren’t there?):
Amazon.com – I haven’t read all the books that are linked from posts.
Freelance.com – I haven’t yet used the service as either an employer or freelancer.
Advertising – Although I’m picky about the paid advertising I accept, I do accept ads for untested products and services. All paid advertising is so indicated by some term such as “advertisement,” “sponsor,” “advertise” or similar terms. Unsold ad space is often filled with our affiliate links.
I have not been directly compensated for writing about anything or anyone. In other words, no one has paid me in cash or merchandise to write about them or their products and services.
A Little About Me
I’ve been an active member of the work at home mom community since early 2002 when I began looking for a business to run from home. I worked in direct sales for a short time, ran a site offering chat rooms for work at home moms, and worked as an eBay trading assistant.
By August of 2003 I was providing website support services for other sites while branching out in other areas, and the following year iRepNetwork opened to begin providing a unique way to allow direct sales representatives make themselves available to immediately answer questions from home business opportunity seekers.
I will continue to expand services and support to moms and other entrepreneurs who are growing their businesses online.